Our Control and Defensive Tactics Seminar is the core program at On Guard International.
From this program, you will learn effective techniques and strategies for detaining a hostile individual, escorting them away from civilians or from a crime scene, how to make a successful arrest, doing cursory searches, and more.
These techniques and strategies taught at this seminar have been taught in the On Guard system for over 20 years, and meet our nation’s standards of acceptability on a tactical, medical and legal level.
Other concepts that will be taught at this seminar include:
– proper application of handcuffs
– strategies for takedowns and ground pins
– studying the practical application of the Canadian Use of Force continuum
– establishing the reactionary gap and its importance
– strategic blocks and evasions
– application of pressure points and stuns while performing a takedown
– standing up and escorting a detained suspect and more
This is a certificate course that can be added to a professional CV or resumé. When the proper application of Use of Force results in litigation, On Guard International can offer expert witness assistance and support.
This course is limited to the first 12 registrants to allow for quality instruction during the seminar. Participants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and any others who wish to attend will be placed on a waiting list.
If you work in any industry that involves the potential for a physical encounter with another individual, this course is an essential training and certification opportunity for you.
Register today as participation is limited. If you have any questions, please contact the course administrator (James Zedd) using the information at the top of this page.