Professor Kevin Blok, BA, MSc. (Founder, Director, Chief Instructor)
On Guard Director and Chief Instructor Kevin Blok is certified by the National Law Enforcement Training Center, USA, as an International Trainer and Instructor in: control/defense tactics, handgun and long gun retention and disarming, Lateral Vascular Neck Restraint (L.V.N.R.), handcuffing, ground defensive tactics, edged weapon defense, A.C.E.S. (Arm Control Escort System/Passive Resister Control), rigid and expandable baton (Monadnock), and travel defense.
Holding a B.A. and M.Sc., specializing in the psychology of violent behaviour management, he has been a Professor of Psychology and Control and Defensive Tactics in the Law and Security Department of St. Clair College, Windsor , Ontario for over 30 years. Due to his background, education and experience, he is certified as an Expert Witness in the use of force and control-and-defensive tactics; he has testified before both the Canadian courts (at the Superior, Provincial and Criminal Court levels), and within the US court system.
A lifetime martial artist, Kevin Blok holds a 9th Dan (degree black belt) with the Martial Arts International Association (M.A.I.A), an 8th Dan with the World Kobudo Federation (W.K.F.), and 8th Dan (degree black belt) in Yoshinkai Aikido (registered in Japan). He was personally awarded the highest level teaching license direct from Yoshinkai Aikido founder Gozo Shioda. Mr. Blok is also the Founder and Chief Instructor of the Chudokai Aikido Federation International.
He is the author of four books and numerous videos on Aikido, weaponry, and police/security defense and control tactics
His other experiences and honours include:
- 9th Dan (M.A.I.A.) and 8th Dan (W.K.F).
- 8th Dan Yoshinkai Aikido and awarded 1st grade (highest level) teaching license direct from Yoshinkai Aikido founder Gozo Shioda.
- Founder and Chief Instructor of the Chudokai Aikido Federation International.
- 5th Dan Iai Tatedo Iaido.
- 1st Dan Shito Ryu Karatedo.
- Basic Instructor license in Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu (Hong Kong)
- Chief Instructor for the R.C.M.P. and Canadian Police College for Violent Behavior Management and Officer Safety
- Certified as a P.P.C.T. Management Systems Inc. Defensive Tactics Instructor
- Master Instructor in Non-Physical Crisis Intervention
- Recipient of Canada 125 Medal for Significant Service to Canada
- Past Director -Security Division- Casino Management Training for C.E.S. Inc., Windsor and Niagara Falls
- Certified Member of the American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers (A.S.L.E.T.)
- Director and Executive Advisor to the Canada Japan Society, Rose City Athletic Organization and other charities
- Nominated by the International Biographical Center , Cambridge , England as an International Man of the Year (1999-2000) in recognition of services to international education
- Certified by P.A.D.I. as an advanced open water diver
- Corporate Trainer and frequent guest lecturer on the psychology of violent behavior and its safe management, Non-Physical Crisis Intervention, the philosophy of martial arts and its application to everyday life, and more.